can’t figure out why i look like a 10-year-old today.
anyway, today is the mutt strut! thank you so much to everyone to donated and if you’re feeling compelled to make a last minute contribution, head to register.indymuttstrut.org/goto/getoutoftherecat and remember that with every increment of $5, you will be eligible to win GOOTC merch from the store! look for some pics later today, and the winner announcement tonight or tomorrow.
contest winner #1 has received her gift! and fidel semi-willingly obliged for a photo, as you can see.
winner#2! hooray for cats!
winner #1!!!! shoot me an email you lucky son of a gun.
so a lot of people have been sending me pictures of their cats as submissions for the logo, and i realize i must not have been very clear in my original post. the logo needs to something along the lines of :
something that incorporates the blog name and somehow relates to the overall theme of the blog.
of course i still want your pictures. our inbox is actually under 200 now so you won’t have to wait as long for your picture to post! (hint: also a good time to resubmit if your picture didn’t make it through the first time around)
So Aubrie and I have decided to do a little contest. We really want/need/earnestly desire an official blog logo. Since we suck at drawing and don’t have photoshop, we figured we would leave this task up to you guys - with over 31,000 of you out there, at least one of you has to have some pretty good ideas.
So here’s how this is gonna work. There are rules:
1. Submit a picture of your cat/s somewhere s/he/they don’t belong (ok, so this isn’t really a requirement, but I still want you to submit).
2. One submission per person, so make sure you’re submitting your very best work!!
3. Submissions must be sent to email@example.com. If they are sent to the tumblr inbox, they won’t be considered, so don’t ruin your chances by sending it there!!
4. The winner of the contest will receive a physical prize from us. I’m not sure what we’re gonna give away yet, though we do have a couple ideas. We’ll develop this more as things play out.
5. Before we announce whoever designed what will become the official GetOutOfThereCat logo, we’ll have to do a little legal wrangling. This will be discussed more in depth with whoever we decide is the winner, but I want everyone to be aware of that going in. In simple terms, as has always been the case with individual submissions, all entries will become the property of GetOutOfThereCat for any use without any type of compensation, residual or otherwise.
We’ll run this contest through the end of October, maybe a little longer (or shorter!) depending on how many submissions we get. As we get closer to the deadline we’ll reveal more details and perhaps even set up something to take popular vote into account. Also feel free to message us if you have any other questions and we’ll respond to you personally.